In the modern workplace, the skills that your employees need to keep up with the changes in their domain are changing at a very fast pace. Traditional degree programs may not be able to keep pace. This is where professional certification programs come in to save the day.
Certification software helps streamline the certification process, from registration to issuing the certificate. Online software is not only beneficial to employees getting certified, but the organization also reaps the benefits. There is no manual effort involved. The entire flow is automated to ensure a smooth and error-free flow.
I’ve made a roundup of six certification software solutions to help you choose the one that’s best suited to your needs. So, let’s take the plunge!
Certification Software Comparison Chart
|Type of solution||Best suited for|
|iSpring Market||Easy-to-use platform to quickly build, host and sell your online courses.||Perfect for organizations that offer learning services, including certification, to other businesses.
A good pick for companies that provide certification for their employees within their own organization.
|ExamBuilder||A perfect combination of e-learning delivery and powerful exam software.||Perfect for companies that deliver high-stakes exams to global audiences.|
|Mettl Certify||A platform for creating customized assessments across the employee lifecycle.||Best suited for companies that provide large scale exams or software/industry certification and need a special solution to prevent cheating.|
|Youtestme GetСertified||Software used for training, survey, and certification, online and offline.||A good fit for any business or institution that requires automated certification and needs to provide it not only online, but offline as well.|
|ARMATURE Fabric for Accreditors||Software for managing all complex accreditation processes.||Excellent for those who need to manage complex accreditation processes and track all of the people, programs, and organizations under their direction.|
|HelloCert||A centralized solution for managing staff training and certifications.||A good solution for those who need to manage and monitor the certification process to make sure that the staff is up to date with company policy and regulation requirements.|
1. iSpring Market
Vendor’s promise: “Easy-to-use platform to quickly build, host and sell your online courses. No technical skills required to start.”
iSpring Market helps you sell your courses on your own personal digital storefront. The information is indexed by Google and Bing search engines, bringing you more prospects. You can upload your videos, presentations, tests and other learning content items, and quickly put together a course right on the platform, or you can import ready-made SCORM courses, videos, and other training materials, and sell them as separate items. All purchased courses are available on the learner portal in the LMS. Learners can take them anytime and on any device.
- Course creation: You can easily build step-by-step e-learning courses right in the LMS. The deadlines and completion rules are customizable.
- Assessments: The platform allows you to create quick assessments for learners. They can be brief or detailed, based on your evaluation strategy.
- Learning experience: Learners can take courses on their desktops or mobile devices, without any difference in the experience.
- Analytics: The analytics are robust and include in-depth reports, which keep track of who takes the courses, which topics are popular among learners, where they stumble, how the quiz results stack up, how much revenue is generated, and so on.
- Completion certificate: The system awards completion certificates automatically. You can even upload your own branded certificate to make it more personalized.
- Gamification: You can encourage learners by adding gamification elements like points and badges.
- Safety: The built-in SSL certificate ensures that learner information is safe. It’s fully compliant with GDPR and similar regulations.
- Support: The support team is always available to take care of any issues that hamper your online certification process.
Best suited for
iSpring Market is a perfect choice for organizations that offer learning services, including certification, to other businesses. It’s also a good pick for companies that provide certification for their employees within their own organization.
You can try the demo version free.
Vendor’s promise: “The perfect combo of e-learning delivery and powerful exam software.”
ExamBuilder combines a powerful exam authoring tool with videos, audio files, images, and PDFs in one interface. It allows you to store a full library of training content for your users that can be accessed either separately or as a part of an exam. Exam Builder has three templates for high-stakes exams, practice exams, and observational assessments. You can organize your users into groups and target them with specific types of questions. It’s also partnered with Shopify to help you sell your e-learning.
- Exams: You have several options to customize your exams based on access codes, time limits, question formats, answer randomization, etc. You can automatically schedule exam retakes.
- Videos: The platform lets you upload videos directly to the cloud. They’re seamlessly optimized for delivery across devices and connection speeds.
- Reporting: The reporting package provides a detailed analysis of every question and answer. You can also zoom in on details like how many learners managed to answer the question correctly, which region performed the best or worst, how difficult the questions were ranked, and so on.
- Certificates: The process of creating and awarding certificates is completely automated. The tool dynamically enters the learner name and certificate title, and awards it to the learner after completion.
- Instructor role: The tool makes it easy to create additional instructor roles, which can be assigned specific permissions.
- API: It provides full API access for developers who are looking to integrate with a third party. Some of the API functionalities include scheduling exams, running reports, grouping students, and generating SSO links.
Best suited for
ExamBuilder is perfect certification software for companies that deliver high-stakes exams to global audiences. It’s also a great choice for people who sell exams.
You can start a free trial and then move on to the paid version, which starts from $11 .50 per user / per year.
3. Mettl Certify
Vendor’s promise: “Assessment platform technologies for a seamless experience.”
Mettl Certify is an online certification platform that helps you conduct certification exams with ease. It creates customized tests across the employee lifecycle. You can choose different kinds of question types, from simple questions (Multiple choice and True/False questions) to advanced ones (case studies and simulators) and enhance them with images, Flash, and videos. The platform currently has more than 10 million ready-made assessments in its library. It has a capacity of delivering 50k+ assessments to multiple locations daily.
- Customization: You can pick a tailor-made test from their repository, or create your own . In the repository you can find content suited for all purposes, and you can also fine-tune it.
- Reporting: They do not believe in templatized reports. You have the option to create customized reports, and the in-depth analytics help you tailor the reports to your requirements.
- Remote proctoring: The platform is integrated with an anti-cheating solution. It allows you to detect any form of malfeasance through authenticity checks, monitoring, and secure browsing.
- Support: You can request support 24/7 via email, chat, or phone.
Best suited for
Mettl Certify is best suited for companies that provide large scale exams or software/industry certification and need a special solution to prevent cheating.
You can request a price from the vendor.
4. YouTestMe GetCertified
Vendor’s promise: “Create training courses, automated certification, exams & surveys, online or offline.”
YouTestMe GetCertified is software used for training, surveys, and certification. It’s a complete solution that allows you to deliver the whole certification process, from creating question banks and organizing users into user groups to assigning tests to candidates and creating informative reports and metrics. It allows various possibilities for customization.
- Customization: You can create and customize each step of the learning experience. You have the option to create either computer-based or paper-based tests. There are several question types available for you to select based on your needs. You can set the question frequency, difficulty level, textual hints, and so on.
- Reporting: You can track your users’ progress with the help of the report builder. The tool allows automatic grading and feedback, and makes it easy to compare an individual’s performance with others in their group, and research test data with the help of the report templates.
- Profiling: You can create professional, engaging profiles and automate them with the help of weighted answers. There’s an option to map surveys to different profiling.
- Security: The platform offers advanced access control to particular functions and data by creating a custom security role. All communications are HTTPS encrypted, and you can also host the system behind your own firewall.
Best suited for
YouTestMe GetCertified is a good fit for every business and institution that requires automated certification and needs to provide it not only online, but offline as well.
You can get your price-related queries answered here.
5. ARMATURE Fabric for Accreditors
Vendor’s promise: “Accreditation and certification software to support your mission.”
ARMATURE Fabric is a web-based accreditation management solution used by certification bodies to manage standards, audits, and data collection. It’s easy to configure the solution and track all programs, people, and organizations. With this software, you can measure and calculate risks with the help of issue capture and remediation tools. You can even link issues to standards and track compliance throughout your organization. ARMATURE helps you conduct audits and integrate the data with your current business systems.
- People management: You can keep tabs on individuals and groups, and record your relationship history in one place. You can capture information like key contacts, accreditation history, surveyor information, committee membership, and so on.
- Questions: Managing and configuring questions is easy with this system. There are several kinds of assessment questions, and you can customize the questions as well as the responses. You can link each question to specific standards in the Standards Library.
- Non-conformance: You can record and classify audit issues and track their severity. The tool has an option to help you document issue resolution with relevant details.
- Custom data services: Performing data hygiene services and creating actionable dashboards is fast and easy. You can create customized reports from the data anytime and anywhere.
- Support: You can request support 24/7 via email, chat, or phone.
Best suited for
ARMATURE Fabric is more than simply certification software – it lets you manage your complex accreditation processes and track all of the people, programs, and organizations under your direction.
You can contact ARMATURE for pricing information.
Vendor’s promise: “A centralized solution for managing staff training and certifications.“
HelloCert helps you create and manage all your certifications from a single, integrated solution. You can monitor and track your employee certification status to ensure that they meet the policy requirements. You have the option to import certificates and supporting paperwork to validate each certification. The tool even sends automated email alerts for certifications that are about to expire.
- Communication: You can use email to communicate training and certification requirement to all employees based on their roles.
- Tracking: You can monitor the status of employee certifications and other documentation to ensure that your team is up to date with the regulation requirements. There are also features to help you maintain historical certification records and data.
- Reports: Monthly reports are detailed, and you can automate them. They give you a detailed view of current, pending, and expired certifications.
Best suited for
HelloCert is a good solution for those who need to manage and monitor the certification process to make sure that the staff is up to date with company policy and regulation requirements.
HelloCert is still scheduled to launch this fall. To receive additional information and learn about pricing, you can fill out this form.
I hope you found this information useful, and are well on your way to selecting the certification software that’s perfect for you. But before you settle for the solution you need, make sure that it scores high on authenticity, scalability, affordability, and efficient delivery. A good way forward is to sign up for a free trial of the tools that interest you, and then take it from there.
Do share your final choice with me in the comments below. I would love to know about your experience with these tools.
Thanks for a detailed comparison. We are a leading provider of receivables management services in our area, and we need to provide in-house certification for our employees about the FDCPA, HIPAA, FCRA, and other state and federal laws. Now, we’re looking for the appropriate certification platform. Do you have any recommendations?
Hi, Alex! I’m sorry, but it’s quite difficult to recommend specific certification software because your choice may depend on many factors. Do you have ready-made e-courses to upload to a platform, or do you need a certification platform with authoring options? Is it important for you to have software that will allow you to create question banks and build assessments? How robust should the reporting features be? As you see, it all depends.